My experience highlights are:
- Currently Working as a DevOps Engineer and responsible for Technical leadership, IT Solutions, Innovation and Strategizing based on latest industry technology trends aligned to Infrastructure Automation, Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment/proprietary products
- Good experience in DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Vagrant, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Stash, Jira, Rally, Subversion, Sonarqube, Jfrog Artifactory, Nexus.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, implementation, and support on Redhat Linux, Centos, and Ubuntu.
- Worked with Engineers, QA, and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with the ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments. Ability to learn and adapt quickly to emerging new technologies/frameworks/environments. Self-motivated and self-reliant and can adapt to any kind of environment.
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ENGINEER Cisco Systems Banglore, India
- Primary responsibilities are supporting all the teams in building and deployment of applications in different environments like Dev, QA, Stage, and Prod.
- Worked with different application teams to understand, analyze their current process, tools, techniques, workflows and involved in evaluation and finalization of state of art tools.
- Manage a Continuous Integration (CI) server (Jenkins) to configure Project Builds and ensure a consistently high-quality build.
- Provisioning Jfrog Artifactory repos with different packages for different environments and supporting pull/ push artifacts to a particular repo.
- Implemented automated build and deployment process for applications and re-engineering set up for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Introduced Docker into the CI/CD pipeline by creating working images of the environments so that we can quickly create demo environments. Build once and use forever type.
- Resolved multiple build and deployment issues and provided best solutions to prevent reoccurrence of the same issue.
- Providing daily technical support, re-engineering, and administration of an enterprise Configuration Management system that supports multiple development applications.
- Defining and communicating policies and procedures for build and deployment.
- Monitoring all the hosts using newrelic tool.
- Management of Users and Groups and troubleshoot client spec issues and user issues. Use of the ticketing tool JIRA for sprints and Rally for backlog grooming.
- Migrating different type of environments by looking into improvements and advantages of tools with regards to the project requirements.
- Worked on integrating Stash into the Continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and Subversion.
- Integrated Docker to Docker artifactory repos for storing the docker images.
- Involved and working in Agile Methodology (Rally).
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ENGINEER Bebo Technologies Chandigarh, India
- Task automation using bash, python and core java.
- Setup of continuous integration environment using Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Liquibase and SVN and GIT
- Working experience with Ant scripting tool and creation of build files for projects.
- I am also responsible for PostgreSQL administration that includes installation, tuning along with backup and recovery.
- Application monitoring Through New Relic and Pagerduty
- Troubleshooting of Java-related issues during the deployment process.
- System configuration automation using Ansible and chef.
- Creation of Docker containers for the creation of testing environments.
- Exposure to cloud platforms like AWS EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, EBS
- Support Network entities in business hours and work in good coordination with rest of the team.
- Support for DEV/QA/UAT and production environments [L2 support]
- Defining SLA and SLO for the project and implementing the same.
- Worked on network services like DNS(bind), SSH
- Computer Science Engineering from Institute of engineering and emerging technologies located at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh.[2011 Passout]
- High and secondary schooling DAV school located in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.Completed High school in the year 2005 and Secondary school in 2007
- Configuration management:– Chef,Ansible
- Cloud Environments/softwares: AWS,Aviatrix,Total uptime
- Databases:- Oracle, Mysql, Postgresql,MongoDB
- Operating systems:-Redhat, CentOS,
- Continuous Integration Tools:– Jenkins, Gradle, Maven,jenkins pipeline
- Virtualization:-Vmware workstation and Virtual box, Docker, Vagrant
- Container Management : Docker Swarm,Kubernetes
- Web server and HA:-Nginix and haproxy Apache tomcat
- Application servers:-Weblogic.
- Monitoring Tools:– Pagerduty and New Relic.
- Logging: ELK,summologic
- Other Tools:– Rabbit MQ, Memcached, Sonar, Nexus, Artifactory
- Source code management:- Github, SVN,P4,Bitbucket
- Ticketing tools:-Jira, Rally